WCED Late Online Application 2023 can be accepted. Admissions for 2023 academic year closed on 31st August 2023, but Learners who could not apply during the application period can use this opportunity.
West Cape Education Department (WCED) can accept late applications from Learners who still need to apply now. Only Learners that want to study in Western Cape can use this system. It is very important that parents ensure that an application for their child has been captured on the WCED system.
WCED ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
For annual programmes, students must pre-enroll at the end of the year, for the following academic year. Enrollment forms must be accompanied by proof of payment of the non-refundable registration fee. Please bring a certified copy of your id and latest school report or certificate for enrollment purposes. All courses are subject to student numbers.
WCED ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Kindly follow through each one of the steps to make an application.
- An application for the admission of a learner to a public school is made to the principal of the school where admission is sought.
- The parent or learner makes application for admission to the school by presenting the required compulsory documents, including the most recent original school report, and a fully completed application form.
- The school shall make the copied CEMIS Learner Registration Form available to any parent or learner seeking admission, and shall assist the person to complete the application, if this assistance is needed.
- Neither school fees nor any other fees are payable on application for admission.
- All applicants who apply to a school and complete an application for admission must be provided with receipts, numbered in sequence, for admission by the school.
- These could be copies of the CEMIS forms or the school’s own receipts issued to applying parents or learners.
- When a learner applies to a school for admission, the principal, on the closing date for admission, will either admit or not admit the learner to the school in accordance with the school’s admission policy, subjects offered and the class space available.
HOW TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD OR WRONG PASSWORD:
- Click Forgot Password
- You will receive an SMS with a onetime pin (OTP)
- Enter the OTP on the System and create a new password
- Parents MUST upload copies of supporting documents required onto the system as part of this online application.
- Certified copies of supporting documents must only be submitted to the school once the learner has been accepted.
- These certified hard copies must be submitted to the school where the learner will be attending within seven days of the parent confirming the place at the school.
- Your application is INCOMPLETE until ALL the relevant supporting documents have been submitted to the school.
- The last official school Report Card / Results of the learner, if the learner attended a school previously.
- ID / Birth certificate or passport of the learner.
- A study permit issued by Dept. of Home Affairs in case of foreign learners
- Alternatively, if a study permit is not available, proof of application to the Dept. of Home Affairs or a police affidavit may suffice.
- Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) of the learner (Applicable to Primary Schools Only)
- Proof of Residence (Rates account / Lease agreement / An affidavit confirming residence)
- In the case that the parent/ward does not have the required documents, the parent/ward can contact the local district office who will advise parents/wards of what to do.
SENDING LATE APPLICATIONS TO WCED
Parents who wish to apply for the 2023 school year as a late application must please contact the district office.
WCED SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
- Apply to at least 3 schools (Including the ones closest to your home)
- Indicate your order of preference on the system
Parents | Guardians MUST upload the following supporting documents:
- The last official school Report Card | Results of the learner, for learners who have been to school.
- ID | Birth certificate | passport of the learner; OR
- A study permit (foreign learners); OR
- Proof of application (study permit) or a police affidavit
- Immunization card (Road to Health Chart) [Primary Schools Only]
- Proof of residence