University of Cape Town, UCT Student Portal – Sign in to your UCT Student Portal: The crucial information in this article is about the UCT Student Portal, the student e-learning portal, how to log in and create an account on the UCT Student Online Portal, the contact information of the institution, and the school’s official website.
UCT Student Portal Login enables students to have access to their student email accounts. Students can also receive important notifications regarding examinations, course registrations, timetable updates, calendar notifications, and more via their STUDENT account.
Students need to create an account with their username and password in order to be able to access the portal. You will get your username and password after you have been accepted into UCT or when you register as a new student at UCT. The login process is very simple and easy if you follow the steps below:
How to Register and Claim UCT Login account
To claim your UCT account as a new student,
- Visit the UCT Student Portal.
- Navigate to the “Claim Oracle Login” button at the top-right of the screen
- Enter your Student Number (link here to find your student number) in the search box
NB: Student number can be found on your UCT Admission Letter or Acceptance Letter
- Tap Continue
- Fill in your personal information into the form. You will need your South African ID number or Foreign ID/Passport number to complete this section.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, check the boxes, and click ‘Acknowledge’
Voilà! You’re in. You’ll notice that you will be given an initial password, which you can change whenever you want.
- This will be your password to access both your UCT account and your Student Login email account.
- You will also see your UCT email address, which you will use throughout your time at the UCT.
How to Login UCT
To access your UCT account,
- Navigate to http://uct.ac.za/student
- Enter your Username and Password
- Tap ‘Login’ to access your admin dashboard
If you’re a new student, you need to first register for an UCT account using the steps below. It can take up to 24 hours after registering before your UCT email will work.
How to Change your UCT Password
Don’t forget to change your initial password. Try the steps below if your UCT email account is not working more than 24 hours after registration.
Ensure you keep my Life UCT account credentials safe. You will need it for UCT online course registration and submission of assignments.
My UCT Students Portal login Troubleshoots
- Make sure the CAPS Lock is on/off.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Make sure the internet connection is available and you’re definitely online before trying again.
- Avoid using VPN.
- In case you have forgotten your password then follow these instructions.
- Navigate to the Password Reset option.
- Click Forgot password?
- Enter your Student number then click Continue.
- Enter your mobile number (or, if you didn’t register one, your alternate email address) then click Continue.
- A one-time password (OTP) token will be sent to your mobile phone (or alternate email address).
- Enter the OTP, then click Continue.
- Enter your new password in both fields, then click Change Password.
- Click Logout.
- If you’re using Windows, restart your computer/device.
- If you’ve stored your password in certain programs (e.g. wireless connection, email client), update your password in those systems. If you still can’t get into your account, contact the UCT ICT help desk, and they will be in touch to help you ASAP.