Nursing, University of Western Cape at (UWC) Being part of the healthcare professional team is the one of the biggest dream you ever have, to serve the humanity in a professional way, being dedicated to render services to the community, nursing career is a caring profession nurses must be prepared to understand and accept the people whose way of life, belief may be out of your convention ways of belief system, therefore it is a profession that demands you been passionate to safe life.
REQUIREMENT FOR DEGREE IN Nursing, University of Western Cape at (UWC)
The department of nursing science infocuses on excellent in teaching and reaserch methologies program, which promote intellectual, ethical and personal development of the general coherancy of the students, during the course, students are prepare for two career fields, namely
- Nursing Generally at University of Pretoria at (UP)
- Midwifery atUniversity of Pretoria at (UP)
Nursing General in University of Pretoria at (UP) involves caring for people with different needs in different environments, such as hospitals, clinics, and private practices.
Students of Nursing, University of Western Cape at (UWC)are placed with other healthcare services for appropriate and extensive exposure to practical service nursing. students are to work some fixed hours during the semester also spend time nursing during during holiday periods. Students are to register with the South African Nursing Council as student nurses.
Subjects in Nursing, University of Western Cape at (UWC)The syllabus consists the form for basis nursing, namely nursing sciences, social, biological. The subjects within are presented by experts employed by the University of Pretoria.
HERE ARE THE COURSES OFFERED
Nursing, University of Western Cape at (UWC)Nursing Studies,Anatomy, Dynamics of Nursing Practice, Language Skills, Physiology, Medical Terminology, Nursing Practice Education and Computer Literacy
Physiology, Dynamics of Nursing Practice Community Development, Psychology, Integrative Health Care, Microbiology, Nursing Studies, and Nursing Practice Education
Pharmacology, Nursing Studies, Dynamics of Nursing Practice and Nursing Practice Education
Nursing Studies, Dynamics of Nursing Practice and Nursing Practice Education
REQUIREMENT FOR ADMISSION
- Recommended subjects are Mathematics, Physical Science, Biology of Physiology.
- A personal interview is conducted with every applicant.
- A minimum Admission Point Score (APS) of 28
- A valid National Senior Certificate
- English (4)
- Current Matrices apply with their Final Grade 11 results.
· Past Matric applicants will be required to submit certified copies of their final Matric certificate, and re-write attempts if any.
· For applicants with any tertiary experience will be required to submit a certified academic transcript as well as a certificate of good conduct. This usually appears on the academic transcript.
· An applicant with international qualifications, would be required to submit all completed International results/certificates (e.g. O Levels/IGCSE/A and AS Levels/IB/other
WAYS YOU CAN WORK WITH YOUR DEGREE
- Psychiatric nursing
- Paediatric nursing
- General medical and surgical nursing
- Trauma nursing
- Theatre nursing
- Community nursing
- Neonatal nursing
- Nursing management
- Nursing education
Departmental contact www.wits.ac.za