Looking for a Bursary to Finance Your Studies in 2023? The Department of Cooperative Governance Through the National Disaster Management Centre Offers Funding to Selected Students Who Intend Studying or are Enrolled for an Under-Graduate or Post-Graduate Qualification in Disaster Management Or a Related Field at a South African Public Institution of Higher Learning (Excluding PhD Qualification).
- Brief Curriculum Vitae;
- A National Senior Certificate, having passed all subjects with an average of 62% and above (students who have already acquired a qualification at Institutions of Higher Learning must attach an academic transcript on their last enrolled qualification and those who are currently studying must attach the 2022 midyear academic transcript and must have obtained an average of 62% and above);
- Proof of application/acceptance/registration for Disaster Management qualification at a South African public Institution of Higher Learning;
- Certified copy of a valid South African Identity Document;
- Proof of income (for parents/guardians in the case of dependents) or an affidavit with supporting documents in cases where the applicant is an orphan or in the case of a zero-household income;
- Proof of income in the case of employed applicants (no bank statements will be allowed);
- Disclosure of other sources of financial support.
- Proof of application / Acceptance Letter/ Registration Letter
- Proof of household income of parent or guardian or affidavit if there is zero household income (Unemployed applicants);
- Proof of income (Employed applicants)
- South African ID copy
- Copy of grade 12; and
- Latest academic results for postgraduate applicants.
ALL TECHNICAL ENQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO: Ms. Tshifhiwa Shelter Muntswu, tel. (012) 848 4623 / Cell: 060 981 9700 or email: ShelterM@ndmc.gov.za OR Ms. Koketso Muriel Mpshane, tel. (012) 848 4654 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Mr. Mokhurumelo Harold Kgwetiane, tel. (012) 848 4615 / cell: 060 983 6914 or email: email@example.com.
SYSTEM RELATED ENQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO Mr. Alpheus Mashigo, Cell: 082 942 9517 or tel (012) 848 4631
Applications submitted by email as well as late applications will NOT be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates on or before 10 October 2022.
- Tuition fees, including registration and research allowance (Capped at R11 000.00).
Successful students are expected to sign a bursary contract with the DCoG through the NDMC.
The agreement contains all general provisions related to the Disaster Management Bursary Programme.
- Applicants must have applied/been accepted/registered for a Disaster Management qualification at a South African Public Institution of Higher Learning of their choice by the time the bursary is advertised;
- Unemployed applicants must have proof of household income of less than R350 000.00 per annum or an affidavit in the case of zero-household income;
- Employed applicants must have proof of income of less than R350 000.00 per annum;
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- First preference will be given to unemployed students studying towards a Disaster Management qualification; and
- Applications for Certificates or PHD qualifications will NOT be considered for this funding.
Closing Date: Mon, 10/10/2022 – 12:00.